Friday, July 27, 2007

Hummie's World Shutter Speed Challenge

1/15 sec. F6.3


1/20 sec. F6.3
*My favorite*



1/20 sec. F7.1


1/80 sec. F5.6


1/80 sec. F5.6





1/80 sec. F5.6


My son and husband decided to practice batting and throwing this evening, which gave me the perfect opportunity to photograph a moving object. I took about 250 shots and only came up with these 6 that I liked at all. I used the "S" mode (Shutter-Priority Auto) on my Nikon D80 and was able to adjust the shutter speed for each photo, the camera automatically selected the aperture for me. Considering that just this morning I sat down with the manual and figured out how to operate this feature on my camera, I am feeling pretty pleased. This is definitely something I wanted to figure out how to do and now I just need practice, practice and more practice.



3 comments:

Lori Imel - Living4Him2 said...

This is great - your results are so much better than mine.... LOL

Cheryl said...

Wow, I can certainly see the bat much clearer in the bottom one than the top one. These were excellent examples! It was fun playing, wasn't it?

Unknown said...

Great examples Danielle!